WE DON'T DO JOGGERS

Fashion and feeling good without being a billionaire or a bag of bones and never,
ever going out like you've got dressed in front of a wooden mirror!

Saturday 12 March 2011

Crisp White Shirt

So I was thinking  about the clothes that I always come back to (often after a trip off into some ridiculous notion that maybe I can get away with a ra ra skirt the second time around when to be honest I looked pretty awful when I first wore one in the 80's), and I immediately thought of the white shirt.




I have around 5 or 6 white shirts dotted around the bedroom in various sizes and various fits. I can remember shopping in a second hand store in Norwich around 10 years ago and finding two very handsome mens dinner shirts, one with frills down the front and the other with a pin tuck panel. They're large with double cuff and even after all these years I still pull them out of the wardrobe and wear them with my jeans.

If you're feeling really brave the're big enough to wear alone just with black tights and maybe a large black patent belt and some other accessories, bit Liza with a 'z', very sexy but not for everyone, I know: just don't take it too far!



I think these photos really show how much a white shirt can do, from the very demure 50's model in the swinging coffee shop, through Audrey, crazy Liza, Marilyn, Uma Thurman and Audrey Tatou as Coco Chanel in the shirt and tie look which may seem masculine but is actually incredibly feminine. 





It is of course the Carolina Herrera who epitomises the class and sophisication of a plain white shirt and shows how, at any age, style will shine through. I don't think I'd dare order the spaghetti though, I'm quite a splodger!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment